Moving your personal effects from one country to another because you are relocating or moving house can be difficult. Especially after Brexit. But completing your customs declaration doesn’t have to be. At CustomsLink, our expert team can help make this process simpler.
Here’s everything you need to know about customs and your personal effects.
Exporting from GB
To fulfil your customs obligations when exporting from GB, you need to provide us with:
- A comprehensive packing list including the full catalogue, quantities, and weights of items you will be transporting.
- The name and address of the exporter and importer.
- Your transport details, including the ferry route, date/s, times and vehicle details.
Once we have your details, we can begin to complete your customs declaration.
Please note: this fee does not include the customs clearance in the country you are importing your goods to. You will need to arrange this with a local agent yourself.
Importing to GB
When importing goods into the UK, you will need to provide us with the same information as with GB exports (see above), but you will also need to provide a HMRC-approved ToR01 form. If this is unavailable, then your customs taxes will be payable at the time of import.
As with GB exports, the fee is £300 (including ENS and GMR where required) and does not include the customs clearance for the country you are exporting from.
Importing to & Exporting from IE
We can help you fulfil your customs obligations when importing or exporting goods to or from Ireland. To do this, we will need you to provide us with:
- a ToR01 form approved by Irish Revenue (if importing to IE).
- your PPS (Irish Personal Public Service) number (if importing to IE)
- a ToR01 form approved by HMRC (if importing to GB).
- a packing list containing a full list of items, quantities and weights.
- the name and address of the importer and exporter
We will also require your transport details, including the ferry route, IMO, date/s, times and vehicle details.
For full clearance of Personal Effects to Ireland, the fee is £400. This includes the port pass, ENS (if required), the GB import or export, and the IE import or export.
Why choose us?
Our team of experts have helped more than a thousand customers process over 95,000 customs declarations. Many of these happy customers needed help getting clearance for their personal effects.
Whether you are:
- Moving goods to a new permanent residence
- Moving goods to a non-permanent residence
- Moving vehicles from A to B
Our customs experts are here to help. To learn more, get in touch with us today.