Transit is a customs procedure which allows goods to be moved across international borders under customs control. You will require a guarantee to secure all charges on the goods you are carrying.
T1 for Non-Union goods
- T1 document is required for Customs Authorities which offers a solution for goods covered by a customs transit procedure
- Goods that arrive from outside the EU or that have not been released into free circulation, may not be freely traded. This is because import duties & VAT must be paid
T2 for Union Goods
- When exporting goods to an EFTA country they have to be accompanied by an export declaration and a T2 Transit document to prove they are Union Goods
- T2 goods can be declared in the country of destination
- Not all countries in Europe are EU members. A T2 transit document may be required to Transit from an EU country to another EU country via an non-member state